The members of the SynBio lab teach in several modules at the both UG and PG levels at the University of Surrey:
- BMS1047 Molecular Biology and Genetics – Genes and their function
- BMS2044 Microbial Communities and Interactions
- BMS3092 Advanced technologies for gene expression
MSc Medical Microbiology
- MMIM018 Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases
- MMIM024 Molecular Biology and Genetics
- MMIM029 Journal Club
MSc Veterinary Microbiology
- MMVM002 Microbial Genetics
We supervise a number of UG final year projects. Our students are highly motivated individuals interested in the interphase between design and applications in synthetic biology. To know more about their research activities don’t forget to visit their Facebook page.
In addition, we also take part in several outreach programmes with the broader community to highlight the importance of basic research. These activities are aimed at all levels. In addition, we are also committed to the scientific training of the next generation of researchers and we work closely with high-schools in the area. For instance, we have hosted several students interested in obtaining CREST awards.